Thursday, December 22, 2011

Revisiting the Nutcracker Ballet

One of my favorite ballets would have to be the Nutcracker. When our girls were young we went several years at Christmas--it was one of our family traditions.  They are all grown now, and it had been well over 10 years since I had had the opportunity to attend. This year one daughter said "oh how I wish we could go to the Nutcracker, can we make that happen"?  Well, that is all that I needed, a yearning to revisit the past and yes we could make that happen. Both daughters wanted to go, but unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately one could not, but volunteered her 8 year old daughter (my granddaughter) to experience the wonder of this beautiful ballet.

The day arrived, we dressed for the occasion, headed to downtown Portland and arrived early enough to find good parking. Prior to the play we took several pictures, learned more about this particular performance and finally were seated to watch and listen as the play unfolded. Oh my it was just as I had remembered, and both daughter and young granddaughter were in awe as well.

No comments: